Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What is at the 'Top Of My Brain'?

Top Of My Brain, talks about the state of affairs in this day and age. I talk about the economy and how people need to understand that this whole meltdown is just a phase...That after every storm there IS light! The song brushes upon my best friend being in the service, based in Korea (while I, myself am in Amsterdam) and trying to make the best of these tough times.

The work directly encourages listeners to "be proactive, NOT procras-then-hate", and how they need to be grateful for what they DO have left. Even if it means just waking up in the morning!

This is all under a more general concept of what is on the 'Top Of My Brain', (referring to the cerebrums of listeners). Also, my own at times!!

It is a very uptempo song for the clubs, definitely a winner as far as being commercial goes. I can easily say it is comparable to a message and musicality that Janelle Monae might put out.

Top Of My Brain is a very diverse song. I almost didn't recognize my own song at first...hahaha. Nonetheless, it is a vocal 4-minute song, full of color and soul. The instrumental is mixed of Urban Electronica, Techno and R&B sounds. I even get a my voice "TrAnSfOrMeRed-out" (wink) towards the end of the track to make a protruding statement.

The instrumental is a very playful yet intricately-made beat and melody by a producer I was introduced to a few months ago at an Amsterdam club. The audio mastermind is named Humphrey "Prince Of Beatz" Themen. A polished young chap, (like myself :P) however, of Suriname roots. He is HIGHLY versatile in that he can create a story with almost any genre of music. He has a Euro-American sensibility with regards to music, is very rhythmic and attended SAE school of Audio Arts and Engineering. This brotha is definitely easy to work with, knows what he is doing and is simply FAYA. The Prince has taken my sound to a brand new level.

'Top Of My Brain' is a journey inspired and TRULY produced by Humphrey, The Prince Of Beats himself... Lyrics are all my own along with vocal rhythms, harmonies and arrangements.

'Top Of My Brain' is due to release as an EP track on a greater Dutch project sometime in in the early summer 2009. This song can also be found on my up and coming album 'Stay Tuned'.

No comments:

Post a Comment