Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dispose Of Me and The Sequel

Today, I am proud to have recorded part two to 'Dispose Of Me' a special featured song on my Stay Tuned Album. The sequel is called 'Ventilation' produced by Jermaine 'Funktional J' Pinas in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Before I get into details about my sequel, I will give you a background on the original concept.

Originally, 'Dispose Of Me' was a collaborative effort between Nelson&Djosa and myself. Interestingly, I have never had direct contact with the Rotterdam musical duo. However, they do know who I am and that I have laid vocals and my own melody on their track and love it! The track was introduced to me by two gentlemen, Henk Wielzen and Noah over a year ago. Dispose is a chill Brazilian-influenced mid-tempo song which is lead by Drum and Bass instruments. It is NOT D&B music however, falls with under Bass Culture and contains a Latin Jazz twist.

'Ventilation' is versitile and has both an American and Latin-American sensibility to it! What inspired the Part 2? It is my first time ever feeling like a song was incomplete so I actually already had the lyrics for Ventilation. I simply sat on the lyrics up until now!

It is a story about me feeling betrayed by a friend (YES, here in Holland)...someone I thought really cared about my best interest. It turned out the individual didn't care and was only interested in his own agenda. It FUCKED me up and I just couldn't about a year! I won't name names but the day will come...

So, now I get to bring ACTUAL closure to this chapter of my life. In this 3-minute track, Funktional and I have compacted elements of Hip-Hop, Jazz, Soul and Latin-style vocals combined with very Pop yet, timeless texts.

Check it out on www.myspace.com/jahofyork

Bless,
JahOfYork

No comments:

Post a Comment